1. Possibility of omitting measurement is eliminated.
2. The surveyor can compare the plotted work in the field then and there only.
3. Irregular objects are plotted more accurately, since they are seen while plotting.
4. Booking errors are eliminated.
5. Local attractions do not influence the plotting.
6. No great skill is required to produce satisfactory maps.
7. Method is fast.
8. No costly instruments are required.
1. Survey cannot be conducted in wet weather and rainy days.
2. Plane table is cumbersome and heavy to carry.
3. It needs many accessories.
4. It is less accurate.
5. Reproduction of map to different scale is difficult.